Re: Help! Confusion wiring GT6 ignition switch

To: Tod Jones <todjones@rica.net>
Subject: Re: Help! Confusion wiring GT6 ignition switch
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 08:07:24 -0400
Tod Jones wrote:

>  Check out this site
>  http://www.triumphspitfire.com/wiring.html

Wonderful!  Thanks Tod.  The '75 Spit diagram looks like the one!

All, for archive purposes, the swing-spring GT6-III ignition switch
seems to wire up as follows:

switch
terminal  purpose         wire color

    1    starter solenoid  white, red stripe
    2    hot (battery)     brown (inner of two in series)
    3    fuse, ballaset    two white wires (actually 3 with 2 connectors)
    4    hot               brown (end of #2)
    5    access. (radio)   white, pink stripe
    6    run-on solenoid   brown, red stripe

hth someone else some day!
--
Douglas Frank    Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,