[Fwd: Spitfire Overdrive transmission, ID]

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Spitfire Overdrive transmission, ID]
From: Jean-Marc Dion <dion.longpre@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:17:39 -0400
Kevin

There is a "bit" more stuff to look after. The best choice is to find a
complete set. This way you get everything. It is also cheaper even if
the overdrive is not working. I learned it the hard way. If not than you
will need: support bracket, angle drive, adapter plate, drive flange, a
shorter drive shaft (around 3.5inch shorter). Also there is the small
items like the spring clip that goes on the shaft, the cam for the oil
pump, spring ring, relay, switch. Also you need to know if the solenoid
and the speedometer drive assembly are ok. You will have to fit a safety
backup switch. On top of that the overdrive might need to be rebuilt
anyway or you might found some surprise in your tranny. It is not
impossible but be patient.

Jean-Marc Dion
Spitfire MK2, 1967
Still waitting for parts for the overdrive.