Progress report - Freddy's new engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress report - Freddy's new engine
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:32:19 -0400
Hi gang,

My engine replacement project is well underway. I have everything stripped
off the old engine and mounted up to the new engine. I would have pulled
the old engine out already, except I discovered that my new engine crane
that seemed to come in TWO big heavy boxes was a actually in THREE big
heavy boxes. Oops! Luckily I bought it locally, so just have to go pick up
the missing parts this afternoon. Only one I could find is a 4000lb
capacity model, so I guess it is not going to be much of an effort to
extract a Spitfire motor! :-) I hope to have the old motor out this
evening, and maybe even the new one bolted into place. Should be running
again in a couple days! Just in time for it to rain for the rest of the week...

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine