Engine won't idel

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine won't idel
From: Grant Buss <buss3@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:07:40 -0400
    I have a 1500 with two 1.5 SU's that I think are in good shape. The
vent line comes from the rocker, splits and goes to each carb. There is
no PCV valve. I have electronic ignition. I am still running the stock
fuel pump. When I am moving the engine goes really nice. When I come to
a stop the revs will gradually go down till it stalls. If I rev it up
before it stalls it will sit at 1000 for a couple of seconds then the
revs go down.
    Where do I start looking? Would a PCV valve help?