Re: Mr Magic Hands (door handle fixed)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mr Magic Hands (door handle fixed)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:43:10 +0100
In article <9129163.1024848999859.JavaMail.SYSTEM@xin-datong>, James
Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> writes
>Thanks John and Mike for the pointers to fix my door handle.
>
>Not sure what I did - I just sort of stuck my hands in there and
>fiddled about, I moved a metal clip thing up and down - and that seemed
>to do the trick.

Well done!

>To congratulate myself on this amazing feat of actually fixing
>something myself - I decided to go for a drive around Epping Forest -
>and very nice it is too - found some excellent country roads to storm
>down. Great fun. Spotted a few classics - notably an e-type, VW karmann
>and a stag (not sure whether or not to wave at Stag owners, don't seem
>to wave at me - same with TRs)

I have never failed to get waves from TR drivers, but occasional Stag
drivers ignore my Spit.   Possibly they can't see it over their stuck-up
noses... <g>

Talking of such things, I got a wave from the driver of a three-wheeler
Morgan the other day, whilst in the Herald.   I thought that was very
sweet of him!

>Now Im off to give my car a bit of a wash as its in a bit of a state at
>the moment - going to take it to the MOT place tomorrow, fingers
>crossed....

Good luck.

ATB

--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV