The old Triumph Factory [was Best kindergarten in the world (on

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: The old Triumph Factory [was Best kindergarten in the world (on
From: Tim Dafforn <tim.dafforn@man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:15:11 +0100
Hi all,
This is an email that I sent last week that I don't think made it to the
server!.
I have just moved to the midlands, and as a result have had to move my
1year old son to a new kindergarten.
I guess what...
Its on the site of the old Standard Triumph works in Canley, Coventry...

In fact he is playing where my spitfire (and all yours) was assembled!!
I have to report, sadly, that all that is left of the factory is the
Standard Triumph Social Club, and a 5 foot high trumph emblem (in front
of the nursery building) in chrome plated steel as a monument.
If this doesn't make him want to have a spitfire I don't know what
will!!
Cheers
Tim

--