Re: Where did everyone go

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where did everyone go
From: Bill McGarry <billmcgarry@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:07:49 -0700
Cheer up Liv,
Just get all the "Bits" together prior to James arrival, then surprise
him with a working vacation... woops... James is probably reading this
too! Here's hoping your "Fly" isn't down for long.
On a positive note, my wife Sofie is thrilled to have her little white
'79 Spit on the road again. My ego had been bruised after I had to give
in and bring her car to the mechanic, my ego recovered when it took him
two weeks of fiddling with the SU's to get it through pollution testing.
My '80 Spit6 project is sidelined by the more urgent need to replace the
head gasket in my turbo Supra. Thank goodness I can swipe my wife's car
occasionally for a little fling in the corners! Life is not the same
without a little British sports car!
Cheers,
Bill
Vancouver, BC