Re: [Fwd: Mystery Missfire]

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Mystery Missfire]
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:42:54 +0100
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, at around 15:30:05 local time, tim dafforn
<mqbsstrd@man.ac.uk> wrote:
> [...]

Tim,

What do your plugs look like?   When I had this problem, it turned out
that I'd lost a scraper ring and oil would build up on the plug enough
to stop the spark from time to time.   After a period of driving it
would frequently clear itself.   Please tell me that all your plugs look
perfect!

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671