Re: Fixed - sort of

To: <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Fixed - sort of
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:23:36 +0100
James, your problem is almost certainly a sticking needle valve in
each float chamber lid. This comes about over time on all delrin
valves and is caused by varnis build-up in the fuel. Its a simple
procedure to rectify. Remove each valve and carefully but thoroughly
abrade it with some fine glasspaper - especially along the fins and
fin corners at either end. Then roll some new paper into a tube shape
and ride it up and down the valve housing in each lid. I was given
this solution by an AA man forty years ago on my Sprite and I've used
it ever since. Did the same to the SU's on my 2000 only a fortnight
ago and everything now running perfick.

Jonmac

1950 Ferguson TED20 152318 - Grey/Grey
1970 Triumph 2.5PI MG4305DL(O) - Sienna/Tan
1974 Triumph 2000 ML2294DLO - Mallard/Black

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
The SLOW progress with 'Canley Girl':