tips for teardown

To: <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: tips for teardown
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:35:03 -0500
If you are tearing down your car for whatever reason, remember:

Freezer bags and a felt tip marker.

YOu may know now what that bracket and bolts for the driver side door is for,
but in two/six/18 months, will you remember??

My attic looked like an automobile autopsy for 18 months till I began the
reassembly process. Having everything marked made it easier.
Except for the masking tape labels on the dash wiring: pulling the loom back
through the holes knocked all the labels off.  soooo close!!

another handy too for that 1st "power up" after a resto job:  Major Fire
Extinguisher. made me feel better-didnt need it (yet)

Rick Stieg
75 Spit