Veneer Vendor-Door Caps

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Veneer Vendor-Door Caps
From: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:23:54 -0400
I just have to stop for a moment to make a recommendation (NFI) for a vendor
that I'm using for veneer.  I replaced the veneer on the dash of my Spit
with some veneer over two years ago.  Looks great.  This month, I embarked
on a new project to veneer the door caps with the same material, so I called
the same vendor.  Not only did he still have some of the same stock, he
remembered my name and where I lived!  The shipment of a single 188-inch
long by 9-1/4 wide piece of veneer of "Anegre Figured Tan" arrived today for
a grand total of $21.64, including shipping!  Well pack and protected, it
came rolled and protected in a corrugated cardboard sleeve.  The veneer is a
perfect match to the dash (came from the same tree).  I am taking photos of
the project for an upcoming submission for and article in "Spitfire and
GT-6" magazine for veneering my door caps with the same wood as the dash.
Look to B&B Rare Woods of Lakewood, CO, call at (303) 986-2585 and ask for
Stacy.  Or look to their web site is www.wood-veneers.com.  Again, NFI, but
I do like good quality and excellent customer service.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga
1980 Spit "PJ"