Re: Welding

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Welding
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:03:51 -0400
Hi Larry,

I don't mean to be flip, but you really should take a course at your
local technical college.  MIG welding is all about setup, and without a
method you're just guessing.  But I can say 1/4 inch at a time sounds
about right.  Do a spot weld here, across the piece over there, and
don't come back "here" until it's cool.  Takes forever.  OTOH, I suck at
welding myself, so I'll just sit back now and wait for corrections.

--
Douglas Frank  DigitalWhoopsCompaqImeanHP Co.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,