Weber DCOE setup

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DCOE setup
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:14:18 -0400
Well, I finally got around to looking at the DCOE 40 Weber that I picked up
on ebay for a song last month.  Problem is - I don't know much about this
thing.

I checked it out and have the following items in it, they don't quite match
up to what is on Paul Teglers page, so I didn't know if it was correct.

Aux. Venturi 45
Choke  28
idle Jet 40F9
Main Jet 125
Emulsion Tube F11
Air Correction Jet 165
Starter Jet 100F5
Acceleratory Pump Jet 40

This supposedly came off a running spitfire, take that for what it is worth.
Do these look too far out of norm?  the carb is a DCOE 40 - 18, made in
italy.  But with a Venturi of 45 would that make it a DCOE 45????

Also, the starter circuit thing on the back of the carb has a place to
connect a cable?  What is that suppsoed to connect to?

Thanks, and prepare for more questions.

Patrick Bowen

* Confidentiality Notice * The information in this e-mail/facsimile
transmission is intended by intellinetics, Inc. for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message may contain
information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are not the intended
copy of this e-mail/facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail
or by calling 614-921-8170.  Thank You * intellinetics, Inc. * 2190 Dividend
Drive * Columbus, OH  43228 * Phone: (614) 921-8170 * www.intellinetics.com
* Fax: (614) 850-2789