Re: saggy rear

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: saggy rear
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:55:00 -0400
One or more of the leaves in the rear spring are almost
certainly broken.  The spring can be easily disassembled
for examination, but as parts are not available (I believe),
your best bet is probably a new spring.

As a point of interest,  as a short term, get you home emergency "solution",
jack the car up so the wheels are at
full droop and wedge a short piece
of 2X4 wood in between the spring and the body.  Repeat on the
other side.  This will shim the car up sufficiently to drive
home VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY since you don't want to overstress
the body or knock the pieces of wood out.

Good luck.

Greg Rowe

.