Re: [triumph_herald] Stromberg carbs - leak?

To: alinkens@nuera.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Stromberg carbs - leak?
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 04:59:36 EST
Hi all, After reading a few posts on carb leakages, I was just wondering if
there is a way of finding out where any leaks are from the carb area (Re:
Andy's carbs-leak?). Would increasing the fuel pressure from the fuel pump to
the carbs by way of air pressure force petrol out of any potential leaky
areas or would it just put too much pressure on the carb jets and cause leaks
that were not there in the first place? By air pressure I mean something like
a bicycle pump. This could be attached to the fuel pump (full) from the tank
side with a short piece of brake pipe. Is this feasible or am I just pumping
up the wrong tree ? Or have I hit on a Multi-Million dollar idea so that I
can join other such rich'uns in NZ ??????

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.