Re: copper head gaskets

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: copper head gaskets
From: "Boddington j" <bodington3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:53:25 +0000
Jeff,

Why not drill one new hole to align with the reproduction badge?  You'll
have to fill in a hole a touch up the paint but that spot should be covered
up by the reproduction badge.

From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Badging blues

Thanks for all the suggested alternatives.  I was sort of hoping that
someone
might know of a vendor somewhere out there in Triumph-land that still had
some
badges that actually fit like they're supposed to.  No such luck, eh?  FYI,
someone contacted me offlist with a reasonable question. How do I know my
badge holes are original?  The original old badges (which have since gone
away) were on the lid when I bought it, and, like the rest of the car, I
took
the lid down to bare metal, so there's really no question that the lid is
right, but the repro badges are wrong..