Alternative Alternators (UK)

To: Spit List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternative Alternators (UK)
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:52:06 -0100
Hi Listers,

OK, I've had it, this is the second time in a week that my car hasn't
had enough juice to start. To make it worse, in my new student house the
car is on a drive way, with no way of push starting it.

My alternator is running a little poor, it would be alright, but it
seems that the short journeys I do don't charge it up enough.

So do I have any alternatives? I know there is the "GM" conversion, but
thats only in America (unless they use them in the odd Vauxhall over
here)

Lastly, a little update on my car. On Monday an NTL (cable guy) van
reversed in to the front side of my car. No damage as he was moving at
about 1 mph, however the bumper has pulled off a small amount of paint.
Still, he's settling it with me privatly, the quote I got was 180
pounds.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit