Very little LBC content

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Very little LBC content
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:38:55 -0500
Ok- For required LBC content- I drove my Herald to the local British car club
meeting on Tuesday, and had a wonderful ride in the sub freezing air, despite
my lack of a convertible hood at this point. I dressed warmly, had the heater
on full tilt, and enjoyed the beautiful clear sky. The jazz on the CD was
perfect. A fun time was had by me.

Now- On to the non-LBC part of the e-mail, and a blatant waste of bandwidth for
those not interested.(Delete here, if not interested)

This morning, Friday, 13 December, my attempts at flying an airplane were so
hideous, that my instructor got out of the Cessna 172(on the ground, of
course!) and told me to fly by myself! IN OTHER WORDS- After 40 some hours of
instruction, I have finally come to terms with landings, and this morning
SOLOED! Yes! I flew as "Pilot In Command" for the first time. Well, as "In
Command" as a student can be- no passengers, cargo or livestock(Ever try to fit
"livestock " in a 172? Maybe lemmings, or a mink or two...) no choice of
destination(right- go off that end or the runway, turn about the pattern, come
back on that end of the runway) but I- by myself- taxied out, took off-
climbed-flew a pretty good pattern- descended- and LANDED- not once, but three
times! Even the fact I had to go to work afterwards failed to annoy me today. I
have now, officially, had my first solo, and I am happy. :)

You may now resume your regular LBC discussion.

Thanks for reading!
Scott
64 Herald 1200-12/50 convertible
78 Cessna 172(belongs to the flight school)