new top install?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: new top install?
From: danvon <danvon@scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:39:54 -0800
Hi all.

I have a new top (the standard EZ-ON vinyl from BPNW) for my '76 that
needs installed.  It looks as though all of the snaps are in place and the
only thing that'll need doing is riveting the front in place on the front of
the
frame.  The question is, how tight should I make this?  I have seen lots of
discussion of tops stretching in the sun so I assume that it should be
pretty tight at first.  Anyone have a trick to getting the tension right?  Any
other hidden things to watch out for when mounting to the front strip?

thanks in advance,

dan

Dan J. Von Seggern, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor