Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1547

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1547
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:21:46 -0800
>Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:05:55 -0000
>From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: Odometer readings on Spitfire 1500s

Which is why I am reluctant to take my Spit on a rallye-too much math,
trying to compensate for the inaccuracies in the speedo.

On the other hand, there is a Smith's competition speedo available now that
is quite accurate and easy to hook up. Runs off magnates like most other
competition rallye speedos and bicycle speedos. The dial is very clearly
marked so that you can easily identify the speeds. I believe it is an 80
mph speedo, but in TDS rallyes, you don't usually go much over 50. I also
believe that it is priced in the range of a new speedometer...so, if you
really want to know, with accuracy how fast you're going, that might be an
option.

Laura G.