air shocks

To: "spitfire2" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: air shocks
From: "Christine" <booby1@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 04:49:56 -0500
    After reading Charlie Brown's article on the VTR web site I decided to
install Monroe air shocks on my 1979 spitfire.
    After about 50 miles driving I am happy with the results. Installation was
easy. I had to remove the upper rubber bushing from both and install the old
spitfire bushings in the upper Monroe. The lower Monroe mounting bushings have
a sleeve that is about 3/4" too long and was easily trimmed with a hacksaw. I
run about 40 psi in them.The ride and handling is good and My rear end does
not sag anymore (no comment please).
       The part number for the Monroe air shock is MA785. I purchased them at
Discount Auto Store for $55.85