Re: Seatbelts

To: <robert.dambrauskas@kodak.com>,
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:05:19 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <robert.dambrauskas@kodak.com>

> It seems we don't have a lot
> of choice , lap belts are pretty much it , but I'm sure someone,  somehow,
> has converted to shoulder harnesses.

Hi Bob,
    3 point belts were a legal requirement in the UK from 1964 so all Spitfires
from that date would have been fitted with the correct mounting points. I've
never delved to deeply into any Spitfires earlier than 1964, but I suspect that
the appropriate mountings would have been incorporated into any design
introduced as late as 1962 - government legislation does not move quickly and
the forthcoming changes were well known to Standard Triumph. Triumph Heralds
for instance were fitted with mounting points from 1961,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics