RE: Stripped front sealing block

To: "Gary" <garytash@charter.net>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stripped front sealing block
From: "Rob T. Getzinger" <RTGetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:50:33 -0700
Isn't this familiar. There are a couple of options. The best being finding a
solid sealing block without much search. Good luck with that, they are usually
only found on a engine, I don't recall seeing them in any parts books. The
other option is to heli coil new threads in. Any sort of threads inserted in is
a very good option. The other thing you could do is tap in new threads slightly
larger than you had and then using a larger bolt in those positions. Unless you
rectify the situation you should expect to find leakage at that point in the
sump even though you have some grip with the existing conditions. It would be a
leaky oversight to leave it as is.
Rob