FOR SALE: Spitfire Mk2 - Kent, UK

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: FOR SALE: Spitfire Mk2 - Kent, UK
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:48:48 +0100 (BST)
Thought UK listers might be interested,

I just went to see a Spitty, I presumed it was a Mk3 because it was 1967 -
however it turns out to be a Mk2. Luckily it was only 20 minutes drive
away... south of Bromley...
Really nice condition, needs new seat covers and a good clean.

The paint is wonderful, there a couple of bare patches of metal (very
small) at the leading edge of the door - its been stored in a garage so no
rust... except for at the rear right under near the exhaust...

Engine started first time, no blue smoke or suspicous noises.

Might need a new exhaust... sounded like a small leak...

The car sat perfectly straight, no sag or anything... looked wonderfully
poised.

The guy wants #2,600 - which I think is a bargain. He's also leaving the
country in 2 weeks so he needs to sell quickly.

I have photos I took this morning and contact information, email me and
I'll send them to you.

Give this wonderful Spit a new home!

By the way, you may wonder why Im not going for it as Im in the market for
a new one... well Im holding out for a Mk3...

James