gear box lube follow up

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: gear box lube follow up
From: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 01:01:43 -0500
        Well I got some Red Line MTL (manual transmission lube). I drained
the old fluif and saved it in a clean can. Later I strained it through a
coffee filter and found quite a bit of brassy looking material. I'm hoping
that there's no damage to the tranny. By the way...the R.L. fliuf does make
shifting smoother(and it really is red!!!!) I think I got the old fluif at a
*farm store*...Good grief, what was I thinking!! Thanks for all the
replies!!!

                Dave