Bodge to bypass heater

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bodge to bypass heater
From: "Steve Carter" <steve@juggler.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:25:44 +0100
Hi all, the heater valve is jammed open on my '65 spit mkII which doesn't
bother me too much, it just goes on a list of bits to get round to.

Recently I had the cooling system flushed and refilled as part of a major
service, and the pipe going from the top of the cylinder head to the valve had
perished and started to leak today (only about 10 miles after the service).
After cutting off the perished part it wasn't long enough to bridge the
distance, so instead I took off the pipe at the other end of the heater and
attached it direct to the head, bypassing the heater and hopefully keeping all
the water in the cooling system :-)

Anyone reading this and going "NOOOOO! the FOOOOL!"  ?  I can't think why it'd
be wrong, but I'd prefer to have a bit of encouragement before I drive it very
far like that :-)

Cheers,

Steve