Fw: Frame trivia question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Frame trivia question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 07:41:24 -0700
Well, I should have known better than to have assumed.  Anyone with a Mk1-3
Spitfire find the same thing?  The reason I ask is that I wound up making use
of that hole to mount an exhaust hanger temporarily, at least, and it got me
wondering why there would be a hole there to begin with.  I figured it was
just on my frame, but then I was looking through Thomason's Spitfire Book of
Originality and noted the same drilled holes on an early Spitfire frame, just
like the one I have.  And it just made me curious...