Re: [Ferrari] Need help in Phoenix area (NFC/NSC)

To: lndshrk@xmission.com
Subject: Re: [Ferrari] Need help in Phoenix area (NFC/NSC)
From: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:40:18 -0400
I just spoke with her and she said it was the carbon monoxide (CO?) portion
of the test she failed.  The car is a '93 Subaru Impreza and one place told
her it was "probably the carburator" - would that car even *have* a carb????
  Another (the same?) place told her the diagnostic fee would be $80 - is
that normal?

BTW, can you (or anyone else on these lists - Doug A??) list the exhaust
gasses they measure and what contributes to each gas?  i.e. CO is affected
by what?  HC can be affect by....??  etc.  Or to put it another way, "poor
timing" will have a negative effect on which gas?  Likewise poor fuel
mixture, failed mass airflow sensor, etc.....

Thanks a lot.

George P.