Near misses, TR6's and polish...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Near misses, TR6's and polish...
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:46:56 +0100 (BST)
Though not all at the same time...

Near misses
===========

I am fed up, I've had my car for a week and a half now... and had several
near misses - each time my car could have been quite seriously dented.

Dopey drivers cutting me up - I had to jam on the brakes to avoid a
collision.

Drivers not paying attention - I slowed down and indicated to pull on to
the drive way... it's a tight fit, so I pulled ever so slightly to the
white line so I could get my entry angle right... just as I turned the
wheel to pull back across the road, some idiot in a Fiat Cinqicento (or
however you spell it) comes right up the outside of me... mounts the curb
and then back on to the road... they must have been doing 20 mph at least.

Then in a car park some guy is reversing rather fast out of a space, not
seeing me at all, I jam my foot on the throttle and get out of the way...

I do wonder about other drivers... and the sanity of me using my Spit for
every day transport. I am getting to the point where I worry everytime I
take the car out...

TR6's
=====

TR-6's - for those who don't get it - there happens to be an article in
Classic & Sports Car magazine about that exact subject... having read it I
am perhaps a little closer to "getting it"...

Polish
======

Seeing as I now have some paint to polish, which won't fall off like the
last car -  has anyone got any recommendations on polish? There seems to
be loads of expensive makes (Swissol, Meguiars, SONAX etc) - any
recommendations?

I actually understand why you polish a car now too... it's not just to
make it pretty...

James

69 Signal Red Spit