Re: near misses

To: "Jack" <jkagy@bpsom.com>, "spitfire maillist"
Subject: Re: near misses
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:32:58 -0400
When driving the Spit, I'm always highly aware that people may not see me or
notice my signals. The Spit seems to be an insicnificant speck on the roads
and highways.
Driving mostly top down, I have resolved to using hand signals. I'm always
waving my hands, signaling my intentions, trying to alert other drivers. I'm
also driving much more cautiously, watching the traffic around me like a
hawk. I've had a few close calls where the heart stops beating for a few
seconds, but this will not stop me from driving and enjoying the car at
every opportunity given. Summertime is too precious to waste up here in the
north and after all, 'she' is just a car?????
Best time driving must be our club drives, with 10 or more Triumphs in a
convoy. No problems getting attention in this case. Triumphs
Liv
 got to go for another test drive .................

> I've come to expect oncoming traffic to turn L in front of me in my
Spitfire.