Transmission assistance needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission assistance needed
From: My79Spitfire@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:59:19 EDT
I received this email recently. If you can help or offer advice, please do
not contact me, but rather > <A
HREF="mailto:donnablunck@mchsi.com";>donnablunck@mchsi.com</A>. It does not
sound like a
problem to me, but then I have not had real good luck mechanically lately.
Thanks.

Geof Bush
----------------
In a message dated 6/22/2003 10:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >  <A
HREF="mailto:donnablunck@mchsi.com";>
> donnablunck@mchsi.com</A> writes:

When I'm in third gear there is a really noticeable movement in the shifter
upon acceleration or deceleration. I've checked the transmission mounts and
they're OK. It is like the shifter mechanism in the tranny are moving the
shifter
handle and all. Is this a relatively easy fix or do I need a new tranny?

Geof Bush
Please Sponsor Me?  I will be driving my Spitfire to benefit the Hemophilia
Foundation:  <A HREF="www.mibrr.com">www.mibrr.com</A>
'79 Triumph Spitfire, "Li'l Brit"
'81 Triumph Spitfire, "Spit 4  2"

 <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/my79spitfire/my79spitfire001.htm";>My 1979