RE: Heavy Duty Spring

To: "DASHWOOD, Dean, FM" <Dean.Dashwood@rbos.com>,
Subject: RE: Heavy Duty Spring
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:16:27 -0500
Before rebuilding and replacing things, try to prove that the parts
you are replacing are actually defective and causing the problem!
Otherwise you can waste a lot of time and money.

Remember: If the car's frame in suspension is truly symmetric, the
car will be level.  So the goal is to find the asymmetric parts.
Consider both the front and the rear equally!

Start with the frame:  Is it possibly twisted?

Is the diff twisted relative to the frame?  (The spring rides of the diff).

Are the front shock towers identical?

Are the front springs identical?

Etc, etc.

Doug Braun