Fuel Gauge Woes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Gauge Woes
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:53:45 +0000
Dear All,

Very many thanks to all of those who provided such excellent advice.   I
have now confirmed that the gauge and wiring are fine, and that the
problem lies within the sender.   Given that it was a sudden failure,
and not a gradual one, I am pretty sure that the fault is with the
resistor, and not with the float.   I can't tell for sure at the moment,
as I have a full tank of petrol.   Once I've emptied it out, I'll
replace the whole unit (I have a spare which I picked up from a MkIV
some years ago), and I hope that that will solve the problem.

Once again: thanks, guys!

Best regards,
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671