SU Intake Manifold Studs Needed

To: arodnitzky@yahoo.com
Subject: SU Intake Manifold Studs Needed
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:31:32 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I think I remember buying some carb studs at a speed shop back in my drag
racing days.  If all else fails, make your own by sawing off some grade 8 bolts.
Dave

I am nearing completion of my Stromberg to twin SU
conversion on my '70 Mk3. As of now, I have almost
everything I need except for 4 critical parts: the
studs that screw into the intake manifold on the
carburetor side. Without these, I am unable to attach
my carbs to the manifold! I've already tried SpitBits
and they no longer carry this part. Could I find this
part at a local hardward store or auto parts store? Or
is there a cross-application with another LBC? Or does
anyone have any to sell?

Thanks,

Adam
'70 Spitfire Mk3