RE: 70 Gt6+ Brake caliper

To: <KHOCO@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 70 Gt6+ Brake caliper
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:08:15 -0500
Helicoil
Very good product.
Available at most auto parts dealers

-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net [mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of KHOCO@aol.com
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 7:11 PM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net; triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 70 Gt6+ Brake caliper

Well I did it now! I broke off the bleed fitting on the brake caliper. Tried

to drill it out but the threads are all messed up.Most of the threads are
gone
but the hole is perfect and dead on. The drill bit took off just a little
too
much of the thread and the fitting is not tight enough.
     Anyone have an elegant solution? Plan A right now is to drill the hole
out to 1/2 inch, tap it, screw a plug in and then drill and tap it to the
proper size. I will have to take the caliper apart which I really don't want
to do.
Any ideas?
TIA

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784 (Future restoration, (Maybe a GT8))
70 Spit FDU84919 (Body doner)
70 GT6+ KC81551 (Future Spit GT)
71 Porsche 911T (Ok so I like 70s)