Re: For US members-- alternative brake M/C

To: Scott D Kohl <sdkandlsk1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: For US members-- alternative brake M/C
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:22:53 -0700
Scott D Kohl wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I have sold one of my 2 GT6+s to a friend, and he has discovered what is
> looking like a great alternative to the original.  He has found that a
> brake M/C from the old Ford Courier pick-up is a perfect fit.  It was
> originally desined to fit horizontally, but the resevoir is short enough
> that it clears the bonnet.  It has the same bore size ,and fits on the
> old bracket with a tiny bit of enlarging the  hole in the upper mounting
> ear.  He took the lines to the Pressure Differential switch off a Courier
> in a junk yard, as they have bubble flares, and cut them, then used
> couplers to mate them to the lines to the PDWA.  The clevis fits, and a
> brake test showed no premature rear lockup.  Best of all, they are
> available at the local auto parts, he was quoted $26.00 with a $5.00 core
> charge.  So for $31.00, you can get a new M/C (or a cheap spare).  I'll
> get pix when I can if anyone wants some.

Hope it's better than the MkIII replacements now available--the new one I
bought and installed last May is now leaking
between the reservoir and the cylinder body upon the onset of cold weather
here. Given other complaints along the same
lines, some manufacturer has gone cheap on the seal.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.