Unidentified shiny bits

To: "Bond List" <bond_equipe@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Unidentified shiny bits
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:27:38 -0000
Just wondering if anyone could help me identify some nice new shiny pieces
of metal Guy's found lurking in the back of the garage.

It's a pair of lovely new clean shiny chrome strips, 27 5/8" long by 1 5/8"
wide with a 1/2" lip at right angles along the length. Along the flat face
they have two black stripes with the word TRIUMPH and the laurel leaves
around it. A label on the packaging says 'TREAD PLATE LAUREL' with some
other number sequences 'UAC4', TT7346' and 'PNO 7578' and a Pickdate of
22/11/93!

Ok, so I figure they're tread plates for something - but what? Guy thinks he
was told Spit 1500 but we're not sure. Gonna pop them on eBay - if I can
figure out what they are - and what they might be worth. Any suggestions?

Suzie