Re: Fitting Mk3 rear bumpers

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Fitting Mk3 rear bumpers
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:21:27 -0500
If your car is sitting level (on the wheel or on blocks)
simply measure up from the floor to the mount bolt
on the rear mount of the bumper. Then match the dimension
on the side, (from floor to rear mount bolt)

You probably can't use the body hole of the rear mount as
the mount is not symmetrical. But the bolt hole of the bumper
for the rear mount is the same position as the one on the side.

If you really need it...let me know.... I'll measure my own '67 Spit
I am just finishing up the resto of. I'll measure down from the
top fender seam and forward from the rear edge, parallel to the
bumper.  You should be able to replicate the position accurately.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com