Re: Rotoflex vs. Camber Compensator

To: spitlist@COX.NET, wrgingerich@msn.com
Subject: Re: Rotoflex vs. Camber Compensator
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:56:26 EST
Joe,
To tell you the truth I am not sure how I came up with that combination since
I did it about a couple of years ago and my memory fades.  It seems to work
very well now and I did have trouble lifting a leg with an Addco roll bar and
the early spring. I have never tried the camber compensator shown in the
competition manual that hooks up to the diff if that is the other option being
discussed.  I have heard that it works well from others.
I think I may have used the swing spring when I switched to a later 455 diff
and Rotoflex as an experiment to see how it would run after talking it over
with a few guys. Not sure if I ever tried the early spring with the Rotoflex.
have Koni's front and rear with Triumph Tune front springs so the suspension
is real stiff. This set up for sure keeps the rear wheels on the pavement
which was my primary concern and in autocross you really never get out of 2nd
gear.
As a disclaimer I do not claim to be an expert on suspension, just a part
time autocrosser trying to get an edge. I am using a similar set up on a GT6 I
am
building (also a 70) so if I am doing something real wrong it would be a good
time to rethink that one before the tub goes on in a month or so. The GT6
will have a few more horses than the Spitfire and I may try to get this one on
the track.
Cheers,
Darrell