Re: New to the list

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to the list
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 04:11:00 +0800
> This is my first Triumph (LBC). What do you all recommend that one carrys
>with the car in terms of parts and tools?

A quick list...

Fluids;
Oil - two quarts
Brake fluid - one pint in new unopened bottle
coolant/water mix - gallon

Tools;
small set of hand tools
air pressure gauge
wire connectors (twist-on type)

Spares; (you have to learn what your car likes to "eat")
spare fan belt
spare set of points and condensor (if your car uses these)
spare wheel and tire (of course - but some people don't!)
spare nuts and bolts of various sizes

I also carry a couple of rags and some hand cleaning stuff.  If you pack
carefully, all this stuff can be carried and still leave room for some luggage
or golf clubs.  Like I said above, after you live with your car for awhile,
you'll know what you need.  Unless you are fortunate enough to have a "good
previous owner" (gpo) instead of a dumb one (dpo), it may take a year of
driving to determine the various peculiar needs of this particular "new" car,
and sort out the problems.

Good luck!

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE

By the way - introduce yourself!  You might find a like minded soul in your
neck of the woods!

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm