RE: Rotor Runout '74 Spitfire

To: "'jkekenj'" <jkekenj@sympatico.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotor Runout '74 Spitfire
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:25:51 -0500
IMO I would disassemble the rotor.
Check the bearing seat, caliper bolts, and spindle.
You got something that's not sitting right.
Clean everything, remove pads and see what you have.
A warped rotor could do this.
Lay it on a good flat surface and use your dial indicator to see if it's
flat.
You must have one if you checked the run out that close.