Re: spitfire bottom end rebuild

To: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfire bottom end rebuild
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 01:06:09 +0800
Not sure what happened there...maybe left the HTML editor on...

Anyway...Vandervells are not being made anymore are they?  A differnet company
may be putting the name on their product, but it's not the same.  The guys at
British Parts North West sell "King" bearings - I think they are made in
Israel, not sure.  I believe I've heard that the Federal-Mogul bearings are the
same "glacier" models that were no good.

I'd sure like to hear from more knowledgeable people on this topic.  I'm in the
middle of rebuilding two 1500's.  At this point, I've ordered the King
bearings.  If there is something better, I'd like to know.

Joe Guinan
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm