Rear end noise

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end noise
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:23:41 -0700
Happy Father9s Day Evening all....

Yesterday, as I was going over a couple of not too severe bumps/dips in the
road, when the rear wheel went over, it sounded like a horrible, almost
grounding out the car (but not), 3THUD/CLUNK2 from the right side of the
car. Doesn9t do it all the time, never on a speed bump.
No particular speed...certainly not excessive speed.
I have bounced the car fenders when it is still and the shock seems good
(other than the creak from the front one...I guess it needs replacing)

As I said, the best way to describe the sound is that the car sounds like it
is bottoming out on the pavement...but it isn9t and there is nothing loose
underneath either....

Any ideas....?????

Thanks

   *** Philip ***