Removing tub - bracing?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Removing tub - bracing?
From: "Paul Grafelman" <pdgrafelman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:21:05 +0000
Hello list,

Nearly ready to remove the bonnet and tub from the frame, but I having
trouble finding a suitable way to brace the tub to prevent it from buckling.
I don't have access to welding equipment, so I was hoping to use 2x4s
mounted to existing holes. I think I can mount to one of the seatbelt
mounting holes, but where to mount it in the front? I hate the idea of
creating a new hole just for the brace. Anyone have any creative suggestions
for doing this?

Paul