engine stands

To: <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: engine stands
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:51:13 -0400
I know this just came up recently.... but after taking a closer look
at my own GT6 engine...and getting ready to mount it on a stand....
Without the backplate on... so the rear seal plate can be accessed....
did anyone simply use the stock plate mount stud locations in the block
casting to bolt it to the stand plate arms? Are just four bolts really
strong
enough to support the GT6/TR6 engine without ripping the bolts out of
the block or breaking off the area of the block casting where the bolts
are threaded into the block?

tia

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com