Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:45:21 -0500
In a message dated 1/5/2005 12:46:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shovel@megapathdsl.net writes:

>Thanks Joe and Andy great information. Didn't mean to imply anything
>by "crate" but a sturdy wooden box.

=========
Fair enough! :-)
=========

>Does anyone know the difference between the 2000 and GT6 motors? I
>presume they have the same block. Did the 2000 use the domed pistons?

=========
Hopefully someone with more experience regarding the 2000 series will chime in
here. From what I know of the "original" GT6 ("Mk1") v. the "original" 2000
sedan motor, there was around a stated 5 hp difference: sedan @ 90hp and GT6 @
95hp. I seem to recall much of that being due to manifolding and/or possibly a
camshaft difference. Otherwise, the main differences seem to be in engine mount
points and the fact that the 2000's engine leans over slightly (not quite a
"slant six," though).

--Andy Mace