Re: >>NASS Re: Barrett Jackson Spitfire

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: >>NASS Re: Barrett Jackson Spitfire
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:06:48 -0500
I doubt the 'average' value of our cars will go much above
6-10K for awhile yet.  Even if there is a big insurgence of new
Spit buyers, I doubt it will really raise the values that quickly.
Perhaps at least over the next couple/five years, the sale prices
might actually make the resto prices a bit more balanced

I still have to believe the average Spit owner that is ALSO
computer literate, is in the minority. Hence my own luck at finding
very inexpensive Spits/GT6s' to help put back on the road.
The ones I've run across over the last couple of years have been from
p.o's that didn't know Spits were what they are, not having ever
been out on the net and knowing the people/places/facilities
avail. via the internet.  So they had no idea there was even anyone
out there that still desired these cars.

Heck. I was in that very situation myself, back in 1992. We
sold my x-wife's '77 Spit (142K original miles, original owner, bought
new in '77) We sold this hardtoped, o/d, no rust car for $500 and
thought the guy buying it was a bit of a fool for paying that much for it.
Little did we realize the real value. hind site...20/20....you know... oh
the things we wish we knew then that we know now.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com