Late Spitfire Fan Switch Operation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Late Spitfire Fan Switch Operation
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 06:17:33 -0800
Does anybody know what the on and off temperature that the thermostatic fan
switch (not the temp sender) operates at?  These were used on 79-80
Spitfires to control the operation of the electric cooling fan.  It is
mounted in the top tank of the radiator.  I can't find any data in the
repair manuals, and I don't have a factory service manual or a working one
to check with.  I need something that opens (fan shuts off) at  200 deg F,
and closes (fan turns on) at  215 deg F-

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)