Pistons

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Pistons
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:20:49 -0600
A Racer is unloading his spares for 1147 and 1296 motors, marks I,II and
III. Are all the Spitfire pistons the same except for diameter and crown
shape? He has some Cosworth pistons, used, with 2.915 diameter. That
sounds like the 1296 range, but I can't find my book Four look very
good, but I don't know if pin size varied or anything else was odd. He
has some rods too. Four of which look lightened and polished, but the
big end looks different than the eight stock ones, as far as the bulge
for the bolt is concerned.

Any info would help me decide whether I could use these items, but time
is short.

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org