Overdrive questions

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive questions
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:50:06 -0400
I recently got my first spit with OD.  Should I disengage the clutch when
the OD is turned on or doesn't it matter? It seems like disengaging the
clutch would reduce wear on the OD, but I wasn't sure if it "needs" the
drivetrain load to properly work or if it doesn't matter at all one way or
the
other.

Also, should I drive it like a 5 speed, e.g. shift into OD around town when
my speed gets over 45 or so?  Or is too frail for constant on/off and I
should
only use the OD when I'm going to be at high speed for a reasonably extended
time?

Thanks!

Greg

===     http://www.vtr.org